The guidelines here cover the image policy for all images of each category. Images can be in .png or .jpg only.
Please note that considering that the wiki has been adopted and thus hasn't had much attention/management to it for quite a while, some images currently on the wiki are being cleaned up and/or organized, so we are currently busy making sure images match up to the policy.
- Images must be clear and in the highest quality possible.
- Must not have logos on them
- Anime images must not have subtitles.
- Manga images must have blank speech bubbles.
- Must not be edited except for the purpose of making it meet the policy, such as croping subtitles or erasing dialogue.
Images that are used as profile images for character articles must meet the following standards:
- Dimensions are exactly 295px in width and no greater then 400px in height.
- High quality (or highest possible that you can find)
- Character of interest must be centered on and identifiable.
- File must be named/formatted in the following way: GivenName01.jpg (ex: Train01.jpg). This creates an easier structure and makes moving images around more convenient. The number following after the character's given name (not full name) should be the most recently image uploaded. (ex: Should there already be two Train Heartnet files, the image being uploaded should be Train03.jpg)
Images that are used as preview images for episode articles or galleries must meet the following standards:
- Dimensions are approximately 1600×900 or greater.
- High quality screenshot
- Preferable to focus on a scene that is the main focus of the episode.
- Absolutely no subtitles/text on the screenshot.
- File must be named/formatted in the following way: Episode01.jpg.
Images that are used as covers for a single or soundtrack for music articles must meet the following standards:
- Dimensions are exactly 500×500 or of even dimensions all around, no smaller than 295×295.
- High quality
- File must be named/formatted in the following way: Soundtrack Name(CD Type).jpg.
- Must not contain any inappropriate content
- Must be formatted in the following way: Username_Avatar.jpg
Images that Are NOT Allowed
- Inappropriate content
- Images from other mangas/animes (Unless it is used to state a point, such as comparing characters from To-Love Ru to characters from Black Cat.).